THE LAW IS CHANGING IN SCOTLAND - ARE YOU IN THE KNOW?
September 05th 2018
Scotland is getting new legislation on what’s required in every private home. Don’t worry if you haven’t heard about it yet, we’ve got you covered with our simple guide.
The change in the law affects everyone, so if the home is owned privately or it’s rented from a social or private landlord, you need to follow the new regulations for your customers and in your own home too.
The new regulations include:
- Having at least one smoke alarm installed in the room most frequently used
- Having at least one smoke alarm in spaces such as hallways and landings
- Having at least one heat alarm in every kitchen
- Having a CO Alarm installed
- All alarms are to be no older than 10 years
- All alarms are to be inter-connected
Why is the law changing?
The change to the law is to give greater protection against smoke, heat and carbon monoxide, by making sure every home has the right number of alarms and to make sure they are up to the job.
How we can help
We stock a wide range of products in our branches and can offer you expert advice too, so pop into your local branch to get everything you need for the job