ARE YOU CARBON MONOXIDE AWARE?
November 14th 2012
Carbon monoxide poisoning is a silent threat that can be found anywhere that fossil fuels are used. Yet in a survey by the Gas Safety Trust, only 42% of people interviewed owned a carbon monoxide alarm – even more worryingly, 60% of those that had an alarm were still to actually install it.
As part of Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week (19th - 23rd November), national charity CO-Awareness, will be touring the country giving advice on how to protect your home and family.
Chris Panting, our campaign manager, said: “We’re proud supporters of Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week, which is why we’ve put together our useful infographic to help get the message out there. The CO-Awareness events around the country will be a great way to find out more information but, of course, staff in our local branches will also be pleased to advise customers on fitting and maintaining CO monitors.”
CO-Awareness events will be held at:
• Monday 19th November - House of Lords (invitation only)
• Tuesday 20th November - Newtownabbey Borough Council, Northern Ireland
• Wednesday 21st November - Reid Kerr College, Paisley and Sainsburys, Braehead Shopping Centre, Glasgow
• Thursday 22nd November - Neath Port Talbot College and Tesco Neath Abbey Road, Neath Port Talbot
• Friday 23rd November - Stobart Stadium and Tesco Extra, Ashley Retail Park Widnes, Cheshire.
For more information about Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week please visit www.covictim.org and to find your nearest CO monitor stockist head over to our main website www.grahamplumbersmerchant.co.uk